We are having record cold in the Midwest this week, but alas, no snow. Here is a card I made that reflects my love of both snow and skating.
- 80# paper in white, pink and brown. I prefer paper from The Paper Cut – www.thepapercut.com.
- Pink envelope
- Clear acetate. I used acetate from The Paper Cut – www.thepapercut.com.
- Pink glitter paper
- Bone folder – my favorite is Martha Stewart’s
- Paper trimmer – my favorite is, Fiskars 12” ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer – www.fiskars.com.
- Spellbinder 3.25” circle die
- Lawn Fawn, Let it Snow die. Lawn Fawn – www.lawnfawn.com.
- Die cutting machine. I prefer Tim Holtz Vagabond 2 die machine. Tim Holtz – www.timholtz.com.
- Impression Obsession, Skaters Silhouette. Impression Obsession – www.iostamps.com.
- Pink Ink Stamps, Pair of Ice Skates. Pink Ink Stamp Company – www.pinkinkstamps.com.
- Snow stamp by StampinUp. StampinUp – www.stampinup.com.
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks – Spiced Marmalade, Warm Lipstick, and Peeled Paint. I also did some backgrounds in Warm Lipstick and Broken China. Tim Holtz – www.timholtz.com or Amazon – www.amazon.com.
- Tim Holtz blending tool and separate foam pads for each Oxide color. Tim Holtz – www.timholtz.com.
- StazOn black ink. Tsukineko – www.tsukineko.com or Amazon – www.amazon.com.
- Memonto Luxe ink in Wedding Dress. Tsukineko – www.tsukineko.com.
- Misti Stamp Positioner – www.mysweetpetunia.com.
- Stampendous, Shaved Ice glitter. Stampendous – www.stampendous.com.
- Adhesives – Towbow adhesive runner – www.tombowusa.com, double sided foam adhesive and Tombow liquid glue – www.tombowusa.com.
- Fan brush
- White acrylic paint
- Small white cotton ball
- StazOn All Purpose Stamp Cleaner
- Cut white, pink and brown papers and acetate to size. White base cut to A2, pink 4” x 5.25”, brown 3.75” x 5” and another white 3.5” x 4.75”. Clear acetate cut to 3.50” x 4.75” .
- Die cut circle on brown paper and cut out Let it Snow on pink glitter paper.
- On smaller cut white paper, create a sunset by blending Tim Holtz, Oxide Inks.
- Stamp Skaters using StazOn ink. A stamp positioner is very helpful to get a crisp and dark image. Stamp snowflakes on acetate with white ink. Stamp skates on pink envelope. I used Tim Holtz, Walnut Distress Ink for the skates, but you can use any color.
- Adhere pink layer to white base and skaters to the pink layer.
- Outline the edges of the skater paper with double sided tape. I used a sheet of double sided adhesive and cut 1/4” strips on my paper cutter.
- Adhere snowflake stamped acetate to back of brown paper.
- Sprinkle Stampendous Shaved Ice glitter on top of skaters. Place brown paper with acetate on top of double sided adhesive. Make sure that there are no gaps at the corners.
- Adhere, Let it Snow die with Tombow liquid glue to front. Adhere cotton ball.
- To create snow on the pink envelope (the Memonto ink did not show), dilute white acrylic paint with water and flick on the with a fan brush.